I didn't think it would, but it almost feels strange trying to directly correlate or translate my actual thoughts and emotions into words. It's especially the case knowing that other people are actually reading what I post. I almost feel like a successful blogger already - I mean, come on; I've got over twice as many followers than I do posts! People from every single continent have looked at my blog. Except Antarctica (I don't think the penguins have discovered the internet yet).
Yesterday I posted about my life recently - who I am, what I value and what's changed me of late. Those sort of things. Today I want to post about something that's a bit more on the "big picture"; not something that's changed who I am, more something that has essentially created who I am.
This thing? Music.
I guess it's been a part of me from a pretty early age. I vividly remember buying my first ever CD in 2003. I think I was 9 or 10, and the CD was 'The Young and The Hopeless" by Good Charlotte. From there my obsession with sound began to spiral out of control. In 2006 I first started to learn to play guitar. I loved it; being able to pluck strings and create such a beautiful sound all by yourself was amazing.
Fast forward to 2007. One of my friends was right into this thing that he called "trance". I fell in love with it instantly, and so was born my love of Electronic Dance Music. I guess I owe that friends more than I ever realised.
2009 I learnt how to start producing EDM with FL Studio, and I've been doing so for the past year now. Recently I've started learning to play piano too, and tried singing (I'm shocking, but couldn't care less).
These days I listen to anything and everything. Dubstep to hardstyle to screamo metal stuff to indie rock and alternative pop. I love the emotions, the feelings, the soul and the messages that music can carry. Not just through lyrics, but through beats, bass lines, melodies.
A lot of people at school hate the music I listen to, and tell me about it all the time. You know what? I honestly could not care less what they think.
Music is one of those things that is purely personal to me. Something that I can just listen to and forget about any problems that I have.
Because to me, my music is what my feelings sound like.
![]() |
| My first electric guitar - Epiphone Les Paul Studio in Chameleon Green |

Great read, also, your first guitar, memories eh ? :)
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, followed.
Great post and great blog! Following :D
ReplyDeleteSound of feelings. Interesting.
ReplyDeleteTell me, what does Rebecca Black's Friday sound to you? :D
If Friday was a feeling, it would be anger, sadness, and just general depression I reckon.
ReplyDeleteinteresting post!
ReplyDeleteI love dubstep!
I like this, real experiences make the best posts. Reminds me a lot of myself when I bought my first CD
ReplyDeleteYeah, you don't have to listen to what people think of you, so long as you know who you are.
ReplyDeletenice blog!
ReplyDeletefollowing!
great blog!
ReplyDeletei remember buying my first CD in '95, Soundgarden's Superunknown
fellow music lover reporting in
ReplyDeletePerfect! Btw great logo
ReplyDeleteFOLLOWED
That's a nice axe you got there - plain and simple, no decorative cwap on it. I've never played an epiphone myself, of course, but they've got some nice feedback.
ReplyDeletelol i remember 2003, a lot of people in my class were into good charlotte
ReplyDeleteMusic is totally like feelings, I agree
ReplyDeleteMusic for the win man! My first guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul too!
ReplyDeleteI think you're right. kind of the same opinion that I have about music.
ReplyDeleteNice guitar. :) thanks for visiting my blog...following back.
ReplyDeletewish i owned that g
ReplyDeleteI want one as well!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, following
ReplyDeletei dont give a damn what people say about my music taste either. it makes me feel good.
ReplyDeletethats a cool guitar! I i agree with the sounds you make and how you feel.
ReplyDeleteWao! I just LOVE that Guitar :)
ReplyDeleteI really like that last line.
ReplyDeleteHaters gonna hate fits pretty well :D
ReplyDeletebe proud of enjoying many different types of music. All genres have great songs!
ReplyDeletehope this blog fuels your passin for music more..Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeletegreat background on this
ReplyDelete@Colin. 'Haters gonna hate' is how I start all my facebook posts in which I make reference to music I like, haha :p
ReplyDeleteSo you're right on; it fits perfectly.